Goals and Expected Outcome for 2011-2015
The Office for National Education Standards and Quality Assessment (Public Organization) has set up its goals to develop education standards to be used in education quality assurance of all educational institutions. It is, therefore, mandatory that every educational institution at least undergo the external quality assessment in every five years.
The education quality assurance is an educational procedure established to entrust learners, parents, community and society with confidence and assurance that educational institutions will provide then with qualified and standardized education as stipulated by the set-up criteria. The collaboration between state and private sectors will additionally yield an invaluable benefit towards the education quality development and also undoubtedly enhance Thailand’s competitiveness in the world community.
ONESQA’s Expected Outcome and Goals for 2011 – 2015
- To encourage a total of 61,510 educational institutions to carry out internal quality assurance so as to be prepared for 2011 – 2015 external quality assessment;
- To train and certify external assessors:
- 4,475 for basic education
- 1,050 for higher education
- 1,260 for vocational education;
- To prepare and public external assessment manuals on 5 topics:
- Basic Education
- Higher Education
- Vocational Education
- Specialized Education
- Non-formal Education;
- To perform education quality assessment of 629,541 educational institutions;
- To create bodies of knowledge on educational quality assurance on 35 topics;
- To prepare and submit annual reports on education quality of educational institutions, including educational policy recommendations for each institution and those of all levels upon the completion of the 5-year assessment program; and
- To devise knowledge management plan and system.